Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Navigating the World of Financial Aid
Transcript of Navigating the World of Financial Aid
What is Financial Aid
2015-2016 Calumet New Tech
How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
Dream Act Students complete the
Dream Act Application
Dream Act students are eligible for State Aid.
Need to complete the AB 540 form
May need to show high school diploma
I'm lost already!
What happens next??
21st Century Scholarship
1. Earn 2.5 GPA at time of Graduation
2. Correct FAFSA by May 15th
3. Apply to eligible IN college & maintain IN residency
4. Enroll as a Full Time Student
5. Complete 30 Credit Hours in first year
- Helpful Tips
- Grade Specific Checklists
1. Student Employment
Federal Work Study
(a job on campus)
2. Student Loans
You have to apply separately, and you have to qualify
(Student Loans Must be Paid Back!)
Let's Start with an Overview
General Scholarship Search Tools
(you don't have to pay it back.)
US Citizens & Documented Students = FAFSA
FAFSA - Go to FAFSA.gov
(Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Documented Students are eligible for Federal and State Aid
- The Indiana College Costs Estimator calculates your personal cost of attending any Indiana college after financial aid
-Compare your expected out of pocket expenses at each Indiana college
There are two types of "Financial Aid"
You can receive PELL GRANTS until:
90 attempted degree units at a community college
(W, F and repeat units count!)
6 full time semesters
(This is TOTAL, and includes after you transfer.)
Does financial aid run out?
Wednesday, February 24th
Assistance completing FAFSA
- File your FAFSA
Visit their website
for a list of local scholarships
College Goal Sunday
Sunday, Feb. 21
Student Union/Library Room 201
*bring parent's Tax return information
Monday, December 7th @ 5pm