Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Greek Pottery
Styles & Shapes of Ancient Greece
1)pick a vessel
2)draw the "clay"
3)trace & cut vessel
4)paint the "underglaze"
5)write the vocab
IN your second vessel
black painted designs on red clay
red clay is left 'red'
figures or PEOPLE are painted in black
started with black glaze then images etched into red clay
later, just the background was painted in, with small details in the figures
This is the kind YOU will make today!
this is an amphora!
-mainly shapes & lines
-but some figures & stories
Ajax & Achilles playing dice
this is a bell krater!
also an amphora!
Forms & Function
-foot < mouth
-for carrying water
-3rd handle to pour
-tall and narrow
-for oils used
-2 handled cup
-used at a
parts of a vessel
Etching the images