Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tree Parts Activity
Transcript of Tree Parts Activity
Food factories of the tree through photosynthesis
AG-BAS-7: d Identifies the major parts of the plant
AG-BAS-7: e Describes the functions of vegetative parts
Georgia Performance Standards
How do the different parts of the tree work together to help the tree function?
Forms the central core of the tree, is made of dense dead wood, and provides strength
Carries water and nutrients up from the roots to the leaves; older xylem cells become part of the heartwood
Carries food made in the leaves down to the other parts of the tree such as roots, stems, buds, flowers, and fruits
A very thin layer of growing tissue that makes cells that become new xylem, phloem, or cambium
"I support! I support!"
"Gurgle slurp, gurgle slurp.
"New phloem, xylem, and cambium.
New phloem, xylem, and cambium."
"Food to the tree!"
Protects the tree from injury caused by animals and plants, disease, and fire
"We are bark.
Please keep out."
"We make food!
We make food!"
Grows straight into the ground
Grow away from the tree and branch into finer and finer roots