Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Black Bourgeoisie by E. Franklin Frazier
Transcript of Black Bourgeoisie by E. Franklin Frazier
A critical examination of the African American middle class
E. Franklin Frazier
Pioneer in African American studies
Grew up in Baltimore where he attended Colored High School
Published Black Bourgeoisie in 1957
Factors in Black Bourgeoisie
Migration to the north
History of African American middle class
Existed during slavery
Black middle class grew shortly after white middle class grew
Real median household income in 2009- $49,777. Black median- $32,584
How does the Black Bourgeoisie fit into Linden Hills?
How does the black bourgeoisie function in society?
How has the black middle class changed since Frazier wrote the book, or has it changed at all?