Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Telling a story with past simple and past continuous
Transcript of Telling a story with past simple and past continuous
"I entered the city as it was starting to rain."
Both past simple
"I entered the city and it started to rain."
Both past continuous
"As I was entering the city it was staring to rain."
Telling a story in the past
Past simple or past continuous?
is used for events that happened suddenly, or within a definite time frame
is used for events that developed over a longer period of time
Past continuous, past simple
"As I was entering the city, it started to rain."
I entered the city gradually, but the rain started suddenly.
One second I was outside the city and the next second I was inside the city. The rain started slowly and gradually got stronger.
I entered the city suddenly and the rain started suddenly
I entered the city gradually and the rain increased gradually