Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fourteenth Century Art in Europe
Transcript of Fourteenth Century Art in Europe
Redesigned 1357 and 1366
Drum and Dome 1420-1436 The Late Gothic Period Actually runs from 1250-1400 Late Gothic Art in Italy is a Bridge between Medieval and Renaissance Art The Artist becomes an important historical personality and we are able to learn about him. Tabernacle and Madonna and Child, Florence (located at Orsanmichele Europe at this time is in crisis. Population Growth exceeds food production.
Series of Bad Harvests.
Hundred Years' War between France and England.
Black Plague comes across Europe, wipes out 40 percent of the population.
In the Summer of 1348, between 50-80% of the population of Siena and Florence DIED.
Art reflects history-- moves to work in chapels, hospitals, altarpieces. Topic- Sturggle of Christ. Greatest Artists of the Day:
Classical Learning and Literature