Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Group 6 Self Directed Learning
Transcript of Group 6 Self Directed Learning
Self-directed learning Model KNOWLES Experience Perseverance Characteristics of SDL
Industriousness Self-Discipline Single-minded pursuit Ingenuity Independence Ambition Curiosity Creativity Self-confidence Integrity 240 265 290 188 162 137 What is SDL? Who engages in SDL? What are
SDL Characteristics? How to become more SDL? Review: TOUGH STUFF
1. Decide what knowledge & skill
2. Decide specific activities, methods, resources, equipment
3. Decide where to learn
4. Set deadlines or intermediate targets
5. Decide when to begin
6. Decide the place
7. Estimate current level of knowledge & skill
8. Detect factors hindering processes
9. Obtain resources or equipment
10. Prepare a room for learning
11. Obtain necessary finances
12. Schedule learning time
13. Increase motivation for certain learning episodes Individuals take the initiative, with or without the help of others:
1. Diagnosing learning needs.
2. Formulating learning goals.
3. Identifying human and material resources.
4. Choosing and implementing appropriate learning strategies.
5. Evaluating learning outcomes.
Evaluating Learning Outcomes Diagnosing Learning Needs Formulating Learning goals implementing
learning strategies Identifying human and material resources Research and Details
by Susan Pierce Creative Assembly
by Sandra Hoffman Presented
by Anthony Campanaro ADE 6385: The Adult Learner Self-directed learning Model choosing and Prezi created by Sandra Hoffman.
Content by Sandra Hoffman and Susan Pierce.
Prepared as part of a group project for a course in adult learning.
University of South Florida
July 2010 Intro to WWWJD USF Skills that can be developed:
Determining what is important.
Imagining possiblities (outcomes, resources,etc. Knowles 5 steps
One method of measurement
Enhancing Characteristics of SDL 1. Diagnose learning needs 3. Identify human & material resources 4. Choose & Implement strategies 5. Evaluating outcomes 1. Proactive Learners:
take initiative to learn - learn more & effectively -purposeful & motivated
- easily retain information -apply what is learned 2. Compatible with natural
psychological development mature people
for their own lives
3. Learners take the initiative for own learning 13 Steps to Become a SDL ACTIVITY 1: Imagining possibilities What is this? Example:
1. a plate
2. a wedding ring
6. Activity 2: What is important? Recognizing Relationships: Find the common word association Example:
ROUGH COLD BEER
1 minute Your Turn!
1. FOOD CATCHER HOT
2. BITTER FEET HEARTED
3. DARK SHOT SUN
4. CANDIAN GOLF SANDWICH
5. TUG GRAVY SHOW 1. FOOD CATCHER HOT (DOG)
2. BITTER FEET HEARTED (COLD)
3. DARK SHOT SUN (GLASSES)
4. CANDIAN GOLF SANDWICH (CLUB)
5. TUG GRAVY SHOW (BOAT)
You have 2 minutes. Try to find two. Activity 2
Answers: Questions? 240 265 290 188 162 137 Guglielmino http ://www. lpasdlrs. com/ Available on Amazon
$14.17 Tough, Guglielmino's SDLRS and Highly deliberate efforts to learn in which the individual plans, carries out and evaluates their own learning. Recognizing Relationships: Recognizing Relationships: What about you?
Have you thought about how you can
bring your own creative side into the classroom? Self Directed Learning Mean 236
SD 24 Highly deliberate efforts to learn
in which the individual plans, carries out and evaluates their own learning.