Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Blood pressure-Ricky Hellyar
Transcript of Blood pressure-Ricky Hellyar
What is blood pressure?
Let's think about us now!
Blood Pressure = Peripheral resistance x Cardiac Output
BP = PR X CO
Recap, why 2 numbers?
Terms to familiarise yourself with:
HR x SV = CO
Pre-load, after-load and contractility
SVR=Systemic Vascular Resistance
Peripheral Resistance or SVR
Resistance offered by the arterial system (not pulmonary)
There are multiple feedback mechanisms-
Anti-Diuretic Hormone- BP low, stimulates kidneys to conserve water. (Osmoreceptors)
Atrial Peptide-Atria overstretched, stimulates kidneys to lose water. (Baroreceptors)
It's not easy, you have to read. You will get it!
We are constantly in a state of change-
Gain an understanding of Blood Pressure
What it is, what alters it!
Please stand up!
Form a rugby tunnel.
Time for a little experiment!
Up a level
Consider Circulating Volume
How does this work?