Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
William the Conqueror
Transcript of William the Conqueror
When William's father died (1035) , William was he was recognised as heir to the throne.
In 1042, he started to take control over Normandy.
In 1066, Edward, King of England had died, then, Harold the Wessex was crowned the King. When William found out, he was furious, claiming that in 1051, Edward had promised him the throne.
He invaded Scotland in 1072 and concluded a truce with the Scottish king. He marched into Wales in 1081 and attacked. The last serious rebellion against his rule, the Revolt of the Earls, took place in 1075. Extra Facts About William GALLERY William's Castle William's Bayeux Tapestry Battle Old Hastings, England Modern Hastings, (Still) England William's statue located in Falaise, Normandy, France "Thank you for listening" Introduction
This term, our task was to create a presentation on a historical figure. Our choice was William the Conqueror and we have completed our presentation assignment. We all hope you enjoy and learn from our project task. Bibliography