Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Lincoln Electric
Great control of
Higher investment costs
Bas van den Ban 644577
Chris Joore 899503
Davey van Ginneke 396305
Luuk Jans 289893
Matthijs van der Made 349808
loss of intellectual
Global manufacturer of welding products and equipment
KSFs: Incentive systems & open communication
2006: Expansion to India?
• generation of additional economic activity;
• promotion of exports of goods and services;
• promotion of investment from domestic and foreign sources;
• creation of employment opportunities; and
• development of infrastructure facilities.
Lincoln Electric has invested US $ 20 million on the plant, located inside the Mahindra World City special economic zone near Chennai.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Greenfield site to expand into India?
A greenfield investment is a setup of a completely new plant or factory in a foreign country (Harzing, 2002)
Main objectives Mahindra world special economic zone:
Pros & cons
Competition will be difficult to overcome
The entry process
may take years
Hard to find
High labour turnover
costs (Coase, 1937)
• English language (100M – 300M)
• Difference in work systems
• Different values, norms and dispositions
• Common colonizers
• Common law
• Political friendship
• No common currency
• Physical distance
• Transportation and communication infrastructure
• Specialized labor
• Soft infrastructure (Weak transportation or communication links)