Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Argument of Judgment
Transcript of Argument of Judgment
Describe your best friend. Why are they your best friend? What makes him/her a good friend? How are you a good friend in return? Teaching Timeline Entry Task: Have you ever been friends with someone who turned out to be a bad friend? Why were they a bad a friend? L.9-10.1. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing and speaking. R.9-10.1. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the texts. I can write an argument of judgment supported by logical reasoning based on set criteria. Vocabulary
4. Textual Evidence
8. Warrant I can set criteria, and form a reasonable judgment based on set criteria. I can analyze a topic from a text, and form evidence and a judgment for an argumentative essay based on set criteria I can use standard English conventions when writing or speaking Modeling writing by annotating The Essential Question How do you argue effectively? Setting Criteria What qualities make a good friend? Day 2 Read "I See You There..." Read "I See You There..." again Evaluating characters Based on the criteria set evaluate one of the characters in "I See You There..." Write a simple argument of judgment Day 3 Model how to write a simple argument of judgment Set Criteria:
What behaviors and characteristics make a bully? Read "The Fan Club" Day 4 Assign essay
Annotate a sample essay "The Fan Club" Pop quiz! Read "The Fan Club" again & evaluate the characters. Homework Write argument of judgment essay Day 5 Essay revision day! Day 6 Turn in final essays Judgment Day Assessment of student's essays