Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Properties of Water
Transcript of Properties of Water
The Game Plan
Density of water increases as water temperature decreases
BUT density decreases
Density begins to decrease specifically at 4°C
Partially positive H is attracted to partially negative atom
Basically an ionic bond, but weaker
Weak on its own, but crucial for life
Cohesion: Tendency of water to stick to water
Adhesion: Tendency of substances to stick to other substances
Oxygen and Hydrogen are sharing electrons (covalent bond)
Oxygen is more
so it pulls more negative charge towards itself
Polarity makes all the difference!
Cohesion, except on the surface of water
Not caused by hydrogen bonds
Passive transport of water across a semi-permeable membrane
Water will always move towards area of higher solute concentration