Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rhetorical Devices (persuasive techniques)
Transcript of Rhetorical Devices (persuasive techniques)
To understand, use and recognise rhetorical devices in speech.
Identify the rhetorical device:
1. Lords, ladies and gentleman.
You are desperate to go to a party at a friend's house. Your parent is adamant that, following your late arrival home after the last party, you are not allowed to go. Your task is to persuade your parent to change their mind using as many techniques as you can.
Who hates wearing school uniform?
rhetorical devices to persuade us that uniform is an
2. Hello, hello, hello.
3. It's as simple as black and white.
Listing/rule of 3 and alliteration
e.g. 95% of students who wear a uniform achieve better grades by the time they leave school.
Practise the conversation you would have in pairs.
Those who use the most rhetorical devices will win the
Plenary - Feedback
what have we learned?
To use rhetorical devices in speech to persuade.