Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE STAINING CAPABILITY OF DRAGON FRUIT EXTRACT ON SELECTED
Transcript of THE STAINING CAPABILITY OF DRAGON FRUIT EXTRACT ON SELECTED
EXTRACT ON SELECTED HUMAN TISSUE SECTIONS
Capati Juan Paolo S.
Cunanan, Kelly Kate
Color is one of the most important property in histopathology. Without color, It will be very hard for a pathologist to identify presence of disease in a given tissue specimen. Nature produces a variety of compounds adequate for staining.
Red dragon fruit or red pitaya (Hylocereus polyrhizus) belongs to the Cactaceae family with the characteristic of deep purple color. Its color is mainly contributed by the pigment betalain.
Dragon fruit has 2 structural groups. that distinct them from one another.
A STRUCTURAL GROUP OF BETALAIN THAT GIVES
COLOR TO THE FLESH. IT IS PRESENT IN SPECIES OF Hylocereus polyrhizus
Betacyanin are another group of betalains that expresses
reddish to purple
color in the flesh. It is the pigment present in species of red dragon fruit.
-pH of dragon fruit
-absorption of red dragon
fruit pigment extraction
-PREPARATION OF PIGMENT CONCENTRATE
STANDARD HEMATOXYLIN AND EOSIN STAINING TECHNIQUE
HEMATOXYLIN AND RED DRAGON FRUIT EXTRACT AS COUNTERSTAIN.
THE CAPABILITY OF RED DRAGON FRUIT
EXTRACT TO STAIN TISSUE SECTIONS
STATEMENT OF THE
What physical and chemical properties of the dragon fruit extract must be taken in consideration as alternative counterstain?
What is the capability of red dragon fruit extract to stain the selective human tissue specimen?
Could the red dragon fruit extract be an alternative stain for eosin
The researchers assumed that red dragon fruit has the capability to stain the basic property of tissue specimens in H&E Staining Technique. The red dragon fruit has an acidic property that had been taken into consideration in determining the outcome of tissue staining using red dragon fruit extract.
The study focuses on the method of pigment extraction that will yield high pigment concentration of betacyanin in red dragon fruit and to the staining capability of betacyanin pigment contained in red dragon fruit to stain tissue sections
An addition to the decreasing numbers of naturally-derived stains
EXPERIMENTAL METHOD OF RESEARCH FOCUSING ON TWO-GROUPS POST-TEST COMPARISON.
CONVENIENCE TYPE OF NON-PROBABILITY
1. Red Dragon fruits were obtained from Dau, Mabalacat City and stored in a refrigerator at 7-10°C
2. They were peeled off and the flesh were cut into smaller pieces and blended
3. Extracted red dragon fruit flesh were placed into the water bath at 100°C for 10 minutes
4. Extract were filtered using cheesecloth to remove other particles that may interfere the pigment concentrate
5. The extract was stored in a -20°C until the time it will be used for staining.
The five endometrial curettings slide tissue specimens which were recut and prepared by the medical technologist of Angeles University Foundation Medical Center was made readily available for the researchers since for this study, the cutting and tissue processing has a great impact in assuring quality control of the slides prepared. The tissue specimens as discussed by the Medical Technologist followed a procedure that was explained before proceeding to the staining.
The treatment group were stained the same way the control was stained but in which case, the eosin is replaced by red dragon fruit extract.
Red Dragon Fruit
4.6 - 5.0