Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Life Style Disease - Obesity
Transcript of Life Style Disease - Obesity
The general risk factors are: poor eating habits, overeating too much, sedentary life style, genetics, medications, and psychological problems. What are the risk factors? There are many risks and effects with obesity. Risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, breathing problems, and trouble sleeping can be the major effects of obesity. What are the effects? First of all, reduce the number of calories being eaten and increase the amount of physical activity. Make a good eating habit, and involve in a lot of physical activities. You can also use medications and herbal remedies to lose weight, but you have to discuss with the doctor and consider it carefully. How is it treated? Some of the strategies that help people lose weight in a safe way are: Reducing stress, choosing whole grain food, eating a lot of vegetables and fruits, trying to exercise regularly at least thirty minutes a day, eating when you feel hungry, eating slowly, drinking a lot of water to flush out toxins and impurities from your system, avoiding salt and sugar, and not abusing alcohol. How is it prevented? By: SuMi Lee 8A Life Style Disease - Obesity Obesity means having too much body fat. It is not the same as being overweight, which means weighing too much.
Obesity is one of serious life style diseases, increasing in a very rapid speed around the world. It is both a disease and a risk factor for other diseases like high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart attack, etc. Since 1980, worldwide obesity has more than doubled, and more than 40 million children under the age of five were overweight in 2010. Image from: http://occupycorporatism.com/bpa-disrupts-metabolic-rates-and-causes-obesity-according-to-new-study/ Other helpful tips for avoiding obesity 1. Eat a wide variety of enough food to meet your body's needs. (Eat more fruits and veggies, cut back on meats high in fat, greasy fried foods, and sweets, and drink more water than sugary juice)
2. 60 minutes or more of physical activity a day
3. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
4. Stop eating when you're full.
5. Slowing down as you eat is another way to avoid overeating.
6. Eat a healthy small snack between meals, so you won't starve and overeat.
7. Eat whole-grain bread, not the normal bread.
8. You tend to buy food, when you're hungry, but don't just shop whenever you are hungry.
9. Check the food labels before you buy something.
10. Keep your self busy, so you won't be always eating. runthreeseven.wordpress.com science.howstuffworks.com causeforobesity.com cyndrome.com