Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Haiti
Haiti has a long and storied history,
Very strong West African roots,
Strong French roots as well.
More than 10% of Haitian children die before age five.
Only 53% of Haitians can read and write.
Haiti is the most mountainous nation in the Caribbean.
Haiti was discovered in 1492 by Christopher Columbus.
The life expectancy for Haiti is low: 50 years for men and 53 years for women.
Haiti has been ranked as one of the five most corrupt countries.
Haiti's two official languages:
Written & administratively authorized language.
Spoken by virtually the entire population of Haiti.
Cultures of Haiti:
Full name: Republic of Haiti
Population: 10.1 million (UN, 2011)
Area: 27,750 sq km (10,714 sq miles)
Major languages: Creole, French
Major religion: Christianity
Life expectancy: 61 years (men), 64 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 1 gourde = 100 centimes
Main exports: Light manufactures, coffee, oils, mangoes
Internet domain: .ht
In 2005 around 4,280,000 people could speak french.
Now its still around the same.
By Zac Orehawa
Ile A Vache
Hopefully you've learnt something new!