Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tree parts and functions
Transcript of Tree parts and functions
leaves and branches at the top of a tree
important role in filtering dust and other particles from the air
cool the air by providing shade
reduces the impact of raindrops on the soil below
supports the crown
gives the tree its shape & strength
four layers of tissue
Cross section of a tree
absorb water and nutrients from the soil
anchor the tree upright in the ground
All trees have lateral roots which branch into smaller and smaller roots
Some trees have tap roots that reaches down as far as 15 feet
Roots can extend 3-4 times the tree height
Each root covered with thousands of root hairs
(make it easier to soak up water & dissolved minerals from the soil)
90% of root system located in
first 18-24" of soil
"Parts of a Tree." North Carolina Forestry Association for Teachers. North Carolina Forestry Association, 2015 Web. 1 Oct. 2015.