Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TRANSPORT LONDON
Hammersmith & Fullham
Kensington & Chealsea - 14 million tourists annually
- Approximate 1.17 million tourists monthly
- By July 2013, total population = 9.17 million people - Car ownership rose after World War II.
- Standard of living was high and car prices were low.
- Number of cars rose rapidly in the late 1960’s after the petrol rationing has been abolished. Car Ownership Cycling in London CAR OWNERSHIP COSTS
Rising fuel and insurance cost
"Cash for Bangers" government scheme
Congestion Charges - designated areas during rush hours during weekdays. (£10 daily) Types of Transportation The Routemaster Normal Busses Docklands Light Railway (DLR) London Overground London Underground Black Cabs Private Hire London Tramlink - Heathrow Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- Stansted Airport
- Luton Airport
- London City Airport Land Roads Railway - Ownership declined beginning 2000
- Only 3 million registered private vehicles in London - Consists of 33 boroughs
- Approximately 1570 km sq Overground Trains Underground Train Air - Total of 13 800km
- Inner city roads = Public transportation
- Outer city roads = Private owned vehicles
- Severe congestion - Managed by Department for Transport.
- Underground railway most used during weekday mornings.
- Operates daily at rush hour pace.
- Overcrowding especially during peak hours. - Easily accessible
- Congestion problems
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR) has over 69.4 million daily passenger arrival
- LHR runways are operating at a 99.2% capacity.
- Airlines may move flights should the LHR fail to cater to the demands. Water River Thames You are here! Destination HOW? • London City Airport– 16 km
• Heathrow Airport – 24 km
• Gatwick Airport– 45 km
• Luton Airport– 51 km
• Stansted Airport– 56 km