Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Technology Enhanced Lesson Plan
Transcript of Technology Enhanced Lesson Plan
THE LESSON ACTIVITY:
The students’ task is to either:
Look up current and historic examples of gender marketing
Think of: Videos, Pictures, Texts, etc.
Upload to the Padlet wall
Make their own Rap, Rhyme or Poem about Gender.
Make an over-the-top advertisement using the gender stereotype examples posted to the padlet.
Students can use programs like Bitstrip, Paint, Tumblr, New Padlet Wall(!) etc. Whichever way they feel suits them best.
Students post end product to Padlet. They present their product at the end of the class in a presentation.
Students will be assessed on how they worked together, if they used newly implemented vocabulary.
THE USE OF TOOLS IN THE LESSON AND WHY:
Content aims of the lesson/Learning goals are
Activate existing knowledge with the aid of ICT
Address listening and viewing skills to identify main ideas about gender from video
Add to the lesson using Padlet. Making the lesson interactive
Discuss about gender issues, locally and globally
It is important for the students to discuss about the subject to learn to:
o Make mistakes
o Express their ideas
Use of second language becomes more natural
PK – Pedagogical knowledge
Rap for immediate involvement. Interactive lesson for activating the pupils. Supporting role instead of mere delegating role in class. Address multiple intelligences. Pupils are given the illusion of choice in final assignment.
CK – Content knowledge
CK through working in groups. Creative way of learning. Students will have to get from point A to point B with gained knowledge during class. CK will grow in different ways.
TK – Technological Knowledge
Rhyming, looking for websites words that can help them with finding the right vocabulary. Marketing, looking for pictures and stereotypes online, adding everything to the Padlet, the use of Flocabulary, etc. Their understanding of these tools will be assessed by their way of using these tools for their assignments in class.
PCK – Pedagogical Content Knowledge
By addressing pupils’ multiple intelligences the content will be remembered easier and faster. An engaging teaching style is important.
TPK – Technological Pedagogical Knowledge
By using Padlet and the idea that students get to have control over the content of videos, it isn’t necessarily used as a reward, and less of a passive activity. With the sticky notes function of Padlet the videos used in class become more interactive.
TCK – Technological content knowledge is the understanding of how technology can work with the subject matter.
When teaching Content Language Integrated Learning, the gain of vocabulary is important. Through use of for example Flocabulary, the students gain knowledge faster. The understanding of how technology can work with the subject matter has been researched which has been explained earlier.
TPACK – Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
The pupils and educator acquire the knowledge and skills to implement and use both Padlet and Flocabulary. They will playfully, through specific assignments, learn about the possibilities and advantages of using these ICT tools. This will enrich the communication with the educator and the pupils. It will also give the parents and other educators a chance to have a peek at process made in class. The collaboration that happens because of the use of this gained technological knowledge, the sticky notes on padlet, the adding of videos by pupils, the immediate feedback given on the Padlet walls, the rise of vocabulary skills through use of Flocabulary, enhance the collaboration. By focusing on the connectivity and complexity of the TPACK students and teachers have a better birds-eye perspective on their product.
- Padlet is very easy to use
- Padlet is easily accessible
- Padlet is easy to change and personalize
- Padlet will make the class interactive
- Pupils will produce, instead of consume.
Digital native students can implement into class fast
- Make sure students are not on Laptops/Padlet during class discussion or explanation by me.
- Research shows having Laptops on during class doesn’t help
- The Padlet wall may get messy because it is open for everybody to use/make changes. I will have to moderate
- Flocabulary will be used to introduce the students to the difficult words that may arise during the lesson.
- Research shows students learn and memorize words a lot faster using rhyme/music
- The words will be discussed and explained together.
-Later on in the lesson the students can use the Flocabulary as an example for their own rap, rhyme or poem.
- The Flocabulary may be too hard for some students
- That is why there will be a word-fill-in for the students so they can read along to the song
- Flocabulary is not freE