Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of verbs
- tells the action in the sentence like run, jump, dance, etc.
- link the subject with the word that renames or describes the subject.
- a verb that has a direct object it answers the question who or what.
- verbs that do not need an object to express a complete thought.
- words that help the main verb.
Verbs with Mac
The station wagon
the latest episode of "The
(into the room) and
(on the shag carpet).
5 inches, because she was wearing platform shoes.
The bell bottoms
is the transitive verb. It takes the phrase of "The Brady Bunch" as the direct object.
We would have loved to watch more, but we had to
is the intransitive verb. It has no direct object in the sentence.
have thought The Partridge Family started at 6:00pm.
is an auxiliary verb.
I used to like deviled eggs.
The popcorn is popping right now.
I will go to the store later to buy ingredients to make meatloaf for dinner.
The broken wood paneling had to be removed from the family room walls.
Now you can start on your word searches that I made for you.
Now we will move on to:
past tense- expresses action or state in the past
present tense- verb referring to the present
future tense- expresses action or state in the future
past participle- usually ending in -ed.
Hope you had a "far out" time!
A verb expresses a state of being
Ann B. Davis