Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of thesis defense
Transcript of Copy of thesis defense
The Problem and its Background Chapter II
Review of Related Literature and Studies Chapter V
Summary, Conclusions and Recommendations Summary Recommendations Conclusions Survey forms given to 15 Bulacan State University Students from:
1. Electrical Engineering
2. Computer Engineering
3. Electronics & Communication Engineering After a thorough study, the researchers therefore conclude that in assessing ETV Program, there is no significant relationship between the profiles of teachers from Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School and in implementing ETV Program, there is also no significant relationship as to teachers technical skills and teachers motivation. Chapter IV
Presentation, Analysis and Interpretation Data Chapter III
Research Methodology and Procedure 1. What is Morse code
2. What Morse can do?
3. How does it differ from today's communication? Conceptual
Framework Research Paradigm An Assessment on Educational television viewing program as perceived by the Grade School Teachers An interview from Engr. Sergio Buhain
and Engr. Anthony Banal 5. Static – white noise or a random signal with a flat power spectral density.
6. Voice signals – are analog signals, whereas computer signals are digital. 3. QRP – it means to operate using low power signals.
4. Run Length - is a very simple form of data compression in which runs of data are stored as a single data value and count, rather than as the original run. Related Literature In Creative Applications, Morse code has also been employed as an assistive technology, helping people with variety of disabilities to communicate. Morse can be sent by persons with severe motion disabilities, as long as they have some minimal motor control. In some cases this means alternately blowing into and sucking on a plastic tube (“puff and sip” interface). People with severe motion disabilities in addition to sensory disabilities (e.g. people who are also deaf or blind) can receive Morse through a skin buzzer.
The ARRL Letter (2005) reported the Jay Leno on “The Tonight Show” pitted two young text messengers against two older gentlemen who have mastered Morse code. Old technology vs. new technology - which mode of communication is faster? It was a lucky day for veteran CW contest ops Chip Margelli, and Ken Miller. During a May 13 appearance on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the pair was able to pass a message using good old fashioned Morse code more rapidly than a pair of teenaged text messengers equipped with modern cell phones. The text messaging team consisted of world text-messaging champ Ben Cook of Utah and his friend Jason. Miller said afterward in a reflector posting that the CW team won fairly handily. Margelli commented to ARRL: "I completely agree with my fantastic teammate, Ken Miller. It was a lot of fun, just like ham radio, and the show also delivered an important, if subtle, message about the benefits of the 'basic' communication infrastructure that Amateur Radio provides." Introduction Introduction
Today’s world is highly changing. Indeed, the advent of technology has been changing the way people think and the way that many aspects of human life come to place. These technologies have been shaping the so called “new generation” by which in a snap, a blink, or a single click information comes in a handy. Nobody can deny that technologies have been crucial tools towards reinventing the present world. Teachers from Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School assessment of ETV program is dependent to the teacher’s profile as to their age, gender, civil status, designation, field of specialization, length of service and educational skills and teachers motivation in adapting the ETV programs which are the independent variable that cannot be change by any factors since it is static. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study aimed to seek the assessment on Educational Television Viewing Program as perceived by Grade School Teachers. Specifically, it is vital to answer the following questions:
1. What is the teachers Profile in terms of:
c) Civil Status
e) Field of specialization
f) Length of Service
g) Educational Attainment
2. What is the mean level of teacher’s performance as to technical skills?
3. What is the mean level of teacher’s motivation?
4. Is there any significant assessment in Educational Television Viewing Program perceiving by the Grade School Teachers?
5. Is there a significant relati0nship between the teachers’ motivation and their perception?
6. Is there a significant relationship between technical skill and their perception? Research Hypothesis
There’s no significant assessment in Educational Television Viewing Program Perceiving by the Grade School Teachers. Scope and Limitation of the Study
Due to limited time constraint, the researchers have limited the study on assessing the effects of using educational television viewing program in the academic performance of the students as perceived by the grade school teachers of Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School. Significance of the Study
The study will look into the assessment on the effects of educational television viewing program on the academic performance of students as perceived by the grade school teachers. This is being considered significant since the results of this study could help in assessing the potentials of educational television viewing as a creative tool in teaching. Local Studies Videos as Educational Media The Beginning of Educational Television Viewing Program ETV Programs: OBJECTIVES
ETV was created to provide public elementary schools free access to curriculum-based programs to improve academic performance as measured by the National Achievement Test and modify behavior as measured by improved class participation and attendance. ETV Programs: IT’S EFFECT
The involvement of TFC in 2007 resulted to the provision of eight million nine hundred thirty seventh thousand six hundred pesos (P8,937,600.00) worth of educational materials for 133 schools in Albay, Biliran, Bohol, Candelaria, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos, Sur, Iloilo, Isabela, Iriga, Laguna, La union, Malabon , Manila, Maguindanao, Marawi, Muntinlupa, Negros Oriental, Negros Occidental, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Viscaya, Ormoc, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Palawan, Quezon , Sorsogon, Tarlac, Zambales and Zamboanga. Foreign Studies
History of Television Use in Teaching-Learning Process
In India, the first educational television was instituted in Delhi. Its primary aim was to cater to the needs of different schools for educational videos. To assess the effectiveness of educational videos produced, Dr. Paul Neurath conducted series of studies on the school broadcast on Physics and Chemistry. ETV Programs: IMPLEMENTATION
Prior to 2007, personnel from Manila were sent by ABS-CBN to far flung schools to personally introduce ETV and hand over the educational materials. These meant travel expenses of more than half a million per year. ABS-CBN tapped RNG to take over the task if the beneficiary schools were located near the stations. Since 2007 RNG Managers have been visiting public schools as spokes persons for ETV handing over hundreds of TV sets and educational materials. This part of the study presents the approach and course of action used by the researcher in conducting the study, particularly research design, sampling design, research instrument and data gathering procedure. The table shows that out of 30 respondents, 15 teachers ages 28 which are50% of the total frequency of the teachers in Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School. And 36.67% of the teachers ages 23. 10% of the respondents ages 38 and 3.33% of the teachers are 45 years old. The table shows that out of 30 respondents, 27 teachers are female which is 90% of total frequency of teachers in Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School, and 3 are male which is 10% of male respondents. The table shows that out of 30 respondents, 50% are single, and 50% are married in Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School The table shows that out of 30 respondents, 26 are teacher I which is 86.67%, 2 are teacher II which is 6.67%, and 2 are teacher III which is also 6.67%. The table shows that out of 30 respondents, the field of specialization of the teachers in Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School is 13.33% respondents are handling Math subject, 26.67% respondents are handling Science subject, 23.33% respondents are handling English subject, 13.33% respondents are handling Hekasi subject and 23.33% are handling other subjects with the total of 100%. The table shows that out 30 respondents, the length of service of the teachers in Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School, 93.33% respondents are 1-5 years in their service, and 6.67% of respondents are 6-10 years of service. The table shows that out of 30 respondents, 66.67% respondents are taking up Masteral of Arts, 6.67% respondents are completes Academic Requirements, 3.33% respondents are taking up Units of Doctoral Subject and 23.33% respondents are graduated in Bachelor Elementary Education, with the total of 100%. Legend:
r = value – less than .80 = not significant
r = value – more than .80 = significant
The table shows that there is no significant correlation between teacher’s technical skills and teachers’ motivation as to their age, gender, civil status, designation, field of specialization, length of service and educational attainment. This study was conducted at Oscar M. Lopez Elementary School where the respondents are teaching and the ETV Program was institutionalized.
This study was made to know the effects of ETV Program as perceived by the grade school teachers. Base on the summary of the findings and conclusions, it was therefore recommended that:
1. Further study on effects of ETV Program among students performance should be made.
2. ETV Program should be implemented in all schools since it was proven effective according to foreign and local studies.