Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Taster lesson L3 BTEC ENGINEERING
Transcript of Taster lesson L3 BTEC ENGINEERING
TASTER LESSON OF THE COURSE
Lesson Objectives For The Session
All Pupils: Will gain an understanding of how the L3 BTEC engineering course works and the expectations that are required.
Most Pupils: Will be able to identify some key engineering elements that are related to bridge design.
Some Pupils: Will be able to apply these principles to the design of their own bridge.
Break Down Of The Course
3 Units you need to complete in Y12
Health and Safety Unit
Engineering Drawing Unit
Fabrication (Making) Unit
You need to pass them all.
Your Activity For Today
You are to design and make a bridge that will span 300mm.
Your bridge will be constructed out of art straws, tape and string. All the materials will be provided in your pack.
Your bridge should be designed to support the most amount of weight.
The Test Rig
Example Bridges and Triangulation