Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ray Bradbury
Born August 22, 1920
Died June 5, 2012
American author and poet
Wrote from fantasy, science fiction, horror, to mystery fiction
Born during the the beginnings of the Great Depression.
Decided to become a writer around the age of 13
Could not afford to go to college, and instead went to the library whenever he could
Stated that "libraries raised me" going to the library three times a week for ten years while he worked on his fan-magaizne, Futuria Fantasia.
Large use of similes, metaphors, and personification
Body of Works:
Forty-Nine compilations of short stories
Several plays and screen plays for movies.
Various miscellaneous books,(A book of poetry and his magazine.)
Notable Examples: The Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451, Something Wicked This Way Comes.
"Ray Bradbury Biography."biography.com. Web. 12. Oct. 2015.
"About Ray Bradbury." raybradbury.com. Web. 12. Oct. 2015.
L. Frank Baum:
Author of The Wizard of Oz.
Author of Journey to the Center of the Earth
Edgar Rice Burroughs:
Author of the John Carter novels, and Tarzan.