Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Embracing Learning
2. You should drink 8 glasses of water daily.
3. Fingernails and hair grow after death.
4. Shaved hair grows back faster, courser,
5. Reading in dim light ruins your eyesight.
6. Eating turkey makes you drowsy.
7. Mobile phones are dangerous in hospitals. What do you believe? As we receive stimuli and initiate movement,
our neurons form extensions (called
dendrites) to other neurons which form
pathways through which we interact with
the world. The process of nerve cells
connecting and networking is learning
Do you remember your ABC's? Whenever we engage in NEW behavior, our
brain remodels itself – a process that continues throughout life. The more we use our brain AND body, the more our brains will grow. http://www.scientificpsychic.com/mind/mind1.html We are all uniquely wired – some of our neural wiring came with our birth package. Learning
may be influenced by dominance of our eyes,
ears or hands. One way to determine
dominance is through laterality. How do we learn? Which side of the brain
do you use? http://www.perthnow.com.au/fun-games/left-brain-vs-right-brain/story-e6frg46u-1111114517613 What does “left brain” look like? Logical, analytical, sequential, linear,
rational, realistic, dominant, mathematical, scientific, judgmental, evaluative What does “right brain” look like? Intuitive, holistic, non-linear, feeling,
multiple processing, divergent thinking
(many conclusions), fantasy, artistic,
musical, non-judgmental How can you make your brain smarter?
First - take a test to see if your brain is ready
for an "upgrade". How's your brain doing? Ready for more? Which way is the bus moving? Exercise your brain Exercise fuels the brain with oxygen and
feeds high energy nutrients needed for learning.
Vigorous exercise improves productivity and performance (60 minutes/day, 3 days per week
– goal is 180 minutes per week minimum) “No other drug or behavioral intervention
seems to be as effective as exercise in terms
of having both neuroprotective and
Cotman, CW. Exercise and Sport Sciences
Reviews, 30, 75-79.
http://www.brainrules.net/exercise?scene=10 "age is not something that matters
unless you are a cheese"
John Medina in Brain Rules Exercises for your brain Brain buttons
The Energy Yawn
The Thinking Cap
Lazy 8’s Questions?