Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC FIBRES
Transcript of ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC FIBRES
Before tellling about the advantages and disadvantages let know what are synthetic fibers
More electrostatic charge is generated by rubbing than with natural fibers.
* Not skin friendly, so it is uncomfortable for long wearing.Allergenic to some people.
* Synthetic fibers are strong so they can take up heavy things easily.
* Synthetic fibers retain their original shape so it's easy to wash and wear.
* Many synthetic fibers create highly attractive fabrics. Modern synthetic fabrics can look and feel as luxurious as silk or wool.
* Fibers like Acrylic fibers are resistant to chemical and biological degradation hence can be used in filters and artificial wool in sweaters.
Synthetic fibers are more durable than most natural fibers and they readily pick-up different dyes
* Many synthetic fibers offer consumer-friendly functions such as stretching, waterproofing and stain resistance
Everything has advantages and disadvantages, so today we will be presenting a flowchart on advantages and disadvantages of synthetic fibres.
Synthetic fabrics are textiles made from man-made rather than natural fibers. Some examples of synthetic fabrics are polyester, acrylic, nylon, rayon, acetate, spandex, lastex and kevlar.
* Synthetic fibers burn more readily than natural.
* Prone to heat damage. Melt relatively easily.
* Prone to damage by hot washing.
krishna, keren.j,karen.e,joesphine, krupa,mansi