Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"When We Two Parted"
Transcript of "When We Two Parted"
Died: April 19, 1824 (age 36)
*He wrote "When we two parted" in 1816*
His father abandoned him, his mother was schizophrenic, and his nurse was abusive
-This caused him to lack discipline and a sense of moderation
1803: he fell in love with his distant cousin
He attended college and had many sexual relations with various women
He became depressed after his mother died in 1811
1813: he had a relationship with his half sister (who was married at the time)
1815: he married his wife, Annabella Milbanke and had a daughter that same year
1816: his wife left him because of his drinking, debt, relations with his half sister, and rumors of his bisexuality
The dew of the morning
10 Sunk chill on my brow -
It felt like the warning
Of what i feel now.
Thy vows are all broken,
And light is thy fame;
15 I hear thy name spoken,
And share in its shame.
They name thee before me,
A knell to mine ear;
A shudder comes o'er me -
20 Why wert thou so dear?
They know not I knew thee,
Who knew thee too well: -
Long, long shall I rue thee,
Too deeply to tell.
1 When we two parted
In silence and tears,
To sever for years,
5 Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
Colder thy kiss;
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this.
Madi Brown, Emily Sprague, and Kaitlyn Vomenici
"When We Two Parted"
Nervous, Anxious, Regret, Guilt
25 In secret we met -
In silence I grieve
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive.
If I should meet thee
30 After long years,
How should I greet thee? -
With silence and tears.
Jealousy, Sadness, Loneliness.
When we left each other, silently and crying, I suffered the most. You became distant and your kiss meant nothing anymore. With these signs, I should have seen the sadness coming.
In the hours before our breakup, I was nervous. Beads of sweat covered my forehead. You broke all your promises (marriage or laws) and nobody found out about it. Whenever I hear your name, I feel guilty about our relationship.
When I here your name, I am reminded of the death of our relationship. Why did I love you so much? The people you were closest to didn't know about me. How long am I going to regret this? Too long for me to comprehend.
We met secretly, and I grieve over the fact that you could forget us so quickly when I expected you to be heartbroken. If I met you a while from now, I would say nothing due to the sadness our relationship brought us.
Strong Sense of Emotions and Feelings:
- Mix of the narrator's emotions.
- Expression of feelings and how the narrator is reacting.
Interest in the Common Man:
- Narrator is not a hero, celebrity or important figure
- The story focuses on the realities of an average person's life.
By: The Script
"When We Two Parted:"
"When we two parted"
1) "Half broken-hearted / To sever for years" (3-4).
2) "In silence I grieve, / That they heart could forget" (26-27).
3) "I hear thy name spoken, / and share in its shame" (15-16).
4) "Long, long shall I rue thee" (23-24).
1) "Cause when a heart break, no, it don't break even" (4).
2) "Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving" (15).
3) "You took your suitcase, I took the blame" (26).
4) "Cause you left me with no love and honor to my name" (28).
"Breakeven Lyrics." Azlyrics.com. Web. 1 Dec. 2014. <http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/script/breakeven.html>.
"Lord Byron Biography." Biography.com. Web. 1 Dec. 2014. <http://www.biography.com/people/lord-byron-21124525>.
"The Script - Breakeven (Lyrics + HD)." YouTube. YouTube, 14 Nov. 2010. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/script/breakeven.html>.
Don't have affairs with people.
Love hurts and can end in heartbreak.
Emotions are strong
There are many different types of pain that come from a broken relationship: