Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"When We Two Parted"
Transcript of "When We Two Parted"
Died: April 19, 1824 (age 36)
*He wrote "When we two parted" in 1816*
His father abandoned him, his mother was schizophrenic, and his nurse was abusive
-This caused him to lack discipline and a sense of moderation
1803: he fell in love with his distant cousin
He attended college and had many sexual relations with various women
He became depressed after his mother died in 1811
1813: he had a relationship with his half sister (who was married at the time)
1815: he married his wife, Annabella Milbanke and had a daughter that same year
1816: his wife left him because of his drinking, debt, relations with his half sister, and rumors of his bisexuality
The dew of the morning
10 Sunk chill on my brow -
It felt like the warning
Of what i feel now.
Thy vows are all broken,
And light is thy fame;
15 I hear thy name spoken,
And share in its shame.
They name thee before me,
A knell to mine ear;
A shudder comes o'er me -
20 Why wert thou so dear?
They know not I knew thee,
Who knew thee too well: -
Long, long shall I rue thee,
Too deeply to tell.
1 When we two parted
In silence and tears,
To sever for years,
5 Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
Colder thy kiss;
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this.
Madi Brown, Emily Sprague, and Kaitlyn Vomenici
"When We Two Parted"
Nervous, Anxious, Regret, Guilt
25 In secret we met -
In silence I grieve
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive.
If I should meet thee
30 After long years,
How should I greet thee? -
With silence and tears.
Jealousy, Sadness, Loneliness.
When we left each other, silently and crying, I suffered the most. You became distant and your kiss meant nothing anymore. With these signs, I should have seen the sadness coming.
In the hours before our breakup, I was nervous. Beads of sweat covered my forehead. You broke all your promises (marriage or laws) and nobody found out about it. Whenever I hear your name, I feel guilty about our relationship.
When I here your name, I am reminded of the death of our relationship. Why did I love you so much? The people you were closest to didn't know about me. How long am I going to regret this? Too long for me to comprehend.
We met secretly, and I grieve over the fact that you could forget us so quickly when I expected you to be heartbroken. If I met you a while from now, I would say nothing due to the sadness our relationship brought us.
Strong Sense of Emotions and Feelings:
- Mix of the narrator's emotions.
- Expression of feelings and how the narrator is reacting.
Interest in the Common Man:
- Narrator is not a hero, celebrity or important figure
- The story focuses on the realities of an average person's life.
By: The Script
"When We Two Parted:"
"When we two parted"
1) "Half broken-hearted / To sever for years" (3-4).
2) "In silence I grieve, / That they heart could forget" (26-27).
3) "I hear thy name spoken, / and share in its shame" (15-16).
4) "Long, long shall I rue thee" (23-24).
1) "Cause when a heart break, no, it don't break even" (4).
2) "Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving" (15).
3) "You took your suitcase, I took the blame" (26).
4) "Cause you left me with no love and honor to my name" (28).
"Breakeven Lyrics." Azlyrics.com. Web. 1 Dec. 2014. <http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/script/breakeven.html>.
"Lord Byron Biography." Biography.com. Web. 1 Dec. 2014. <http://www.biography.com/people/lord-byron-21124525>.
"The Script - Breakeven (Lyrics + HD)." YouTube. YouTube, 14 Nov. 2010. Web. 13 Dec. 2014. <http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/script/breakeven.html>.
Don't have affairs with people.
Love hurts and can end in heartbreak.
Emotions are strong
There are many different types of pain that come from a broken relationship: