Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Unit 6 - Conditionals - American Big Picture
Transcript of Unit 6 - Conditionals - American Big Picture
There are many
different kinds of
and it can be a
You have to decide if
you're talking about the
past, present or the future.
THIS IS USED
TO TALK ABOUT GENERAL TRUTHS AND SCIENTIFIC
IF YOU PAY ATTENTION
TO CLASS, YOU LEARN
OF NICE THINGS.
YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR IMAGINATION IF
YOU WANT TO IMPRESS ME.
THIS IS USED TO
IN THE PRESENT,
OR IN THE FUTURE
can also use other modals
or the imperative.
IF... PAST TENSE ....
THIS IS USED TO TALK
(THINGS THAT ARE UNLIKELY, IMPOSSIBLE OR HYPOTHETICAL)
IN THE PRESENT
OR IN THE FUTURE
If I were Irish, I would
believe in Leprechauns.
IF.....PAST PERFECT .....
WOULD HAVE + PAST PARTICIPLE
In 3rd Conditionals
we talk about the past. We talk about a condition in the past that did not happen.
The 3rd Condition is like a dream,
possibility of the
dream coming true.
What do you do to calm down when you're angry?
What could the
movie director have
used in place of the plastic bag to
give the same idea of
emptiness and loneliness?
Imagine you could talk to
yourself in the future.
Make a list of 5 things you
would like to know, ask and / or say to yourself in 20 years from now.
If / When / Unless + a present form
(a variety of present forms)
+ present simple or imperative
Draw a chart in your notebook.
Pick 4 sentences and write them down.
-...tell him I want to speak to him.
-...wait for me in the hall.
-...give me a call.
-...you save ten percent.
- ...you have to buy your snack.
- ...drink plenty of water.
- ...you get the basic service.
- ...don't do it.
- ...don't go there after 10pm.
done your HW,
go and have a break.
you go to the beach,
take plenty of sunscreen.
you have been to St Louis Arch yourself,
you don`t really understand how fantastic it is.
COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES
WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS:
If I lose my smartphone, ....
If Regina hasn't heard the bad news yet, ....
We'll have wasted a lot o f time if....
Here we talk about
conditions. Impossible because they are in the past and we cannot change what has happened.
If you could talk to
yourself as a kid,
what would you
say or ask?
WHAT CAN YOU DO
OR SAY IF YOU BUMP
BY SOMEONE YOU
REALLY FANCY ON THE
How would you react
if you looked at someone
and fell in love right away?
Do you believe in love at
Had this happened to your
parents, would they have
told you? Why or why not?
If I asked him, _____do it for me.
If I asked her, I’m sure she ______do it for me.
If you came on Tuesday, we ____go to that concert in the park.
If you wanted me to do it, I ______. I know how to.
If we put a slightly higher offer, we _____get the contract but it`s not sure.
Complete the sentences with
could – might – would(n’t)
By Thais Musa
do you behave
when you get hungry?
Microsoft X GM
In 2010, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
8. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
6. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
7. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine