Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Natural features of the Arab world
Transcript of Natural features of the Arab world
Climate is the the weather conditions that occur in an area for over a long period. The climate of the Arab World is mostly sunny and humid.
Vegetation and Husbandry
In the Arab World they take care, cultivate, and help in the breeding of crops and animals.
In Geography, relief is defined as the difference between the highest and lowest elevations in an area. Three main features of relief are mountains, highlands and plateaus and plains.
Some of the various winds that blow in the Arab World are:
- Cold North winds
- West to North-west winds
- South-east winds
- South-west winds
- Local winds like the 'Khamaseen' in Egypt and 'Sumoom' in the Arabian Peninsula
The Arab World consists of 22 countries in the Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, the Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
The Arab World
Mountains can be found in a number of Arab countries. (The image on the left is The Green Mountain/Jebel Akhdar in Oman.) some major mountains that you can find are: Al Hijaz Mountains in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Oman, Atlas Mountains in Algeria, Morocco and Taurus Mountains in Syria and Lebanon and mountains at the west of the Red Sea in Egypt and Sudan
They occupy large areas in the Arab World and are mainly of a medium height. Some plateaus that we can find are: Plateau of the Sahara Desert in Africa and the Plateau of Najd in the Arabian Peninsula. Here there can be several highlands, sand dunes, oases and dry ravines.
Highlands and Plateaus
There are two main types of plains: coastal and sedimentary. Coastal plains lie among the coasts of oceans, seas and gulfs; they get narrower where there are mountains nearby. sedimentary plains are even, they are most important in the agricultural regions.
During the summer: the temperature rises in desert areas while low temperatures occur on the mountains and highlands.
During the winter: the temperature becomes moderate in the coastal regions while it drops in desert areas especially at night
- In some southern parts of the Arab World, rainfall occurs all year round. (E.g.: Somalia)
- Some areas, rainfall takes place during the summer. (E.g.: Central Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Mountains in Yemen)
- In some areas, the rain falls during the winter in most of the countries of the Arab World.
- In desert regions, it's very dry and seldom drizzles fall in some places.
In the Arab World, vegetation includes the forests, grasslands and oases
- Forests: can be found in Sudan, Somalia and Yemen
- Grasslands/savanna: can be found in the Central and Southern Sudan.
- Oases: can be found all over the Arab World especially in desert areas.
- People in the Arab World bring up tame and domestic animals like camels, horses, cattle and sheep.
- In the Arabian desert there are a variety of wild animals like the onyx and the deer while in the forests of Africa there are lions, tigers and elephants.
- from domestic animals, we get products like meat, milk, wool and leather.
L.Obj.: students will be able to create zooming presentations using Prezi to describe the climatic conditions in the Arab World