Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ADAPTATIONS OF A CAMEL
Transcript of ADAPTATIONS OF A CAMEL
Location and Environment
camels live in the desert, which is hot and dry during the day, but cold at night. Camels are well adapted for survival in the desert.
Here are some of the camels adaptations
Large, Flat feet to spread their weight on the sand.
Thick fur on top of the body for shade and thin fur elsewhere to allow easy heat loss.
a large surface area to volume ratio to maximize heat loss
The ability to go for a long time without water (they don't store water in their humps, but they loose very little through urination and sweating)
The ability to tolerate body temperatures of up to 42 degrees Celsius.
A desert, in which camels live.
I HOPE YOU LEARNED SOME MORE ABOUT CAMELS AND THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!
CAMEL QUICK QUIZ
1. where do Camels live?
2. Name two adaptations of the camel
3. what is stored inside of the camels hump?