Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How were the epics told?
Transcript of How were the epics told?
Epics were usually told by people who couldn't read right in front of an audience. Most of the lines were made up on the spot and would sound as if they were a song
Greek poets or speaker would use formulas to help describe certain events like the taking of baths. it would also give the poets and the audience some breathing time while the poet thought of the next part of the story.
Poets such as Homer would use epic similes to compare heroic or epic events to simple and easily understandable everyday events
How Were Epics Told?