Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of food
- Every one is involved:
- Public food inspectors
- Good Communication DISCOUNTERS h New trend : The organic food GERMAN FOOD Main segment Rudolf Steiner - Only safe food may be
placed on the market
- Meet customers standard
- Customers receive accurate
information The German Minister for Agriculture, has presented a standardised logo for food product "without gene technology" 70% of Germans say they would never touch gene-manipulated food Creator of a form
of organic farming
-> the bio-dynamic agriculture Bio-Siegel Label • Reasons for the development of discounters
• Hard and soft discounters
• Discounters dominate Germany, more than
• 70 million of consumers can reach a Lidl or
Aldi in less than 15 minutes
• Aldi as a leading company among
the discounters Issues by the the German ministry of agriculture, nutrition and consumer protection.
95% of the product's ingredients of agricultural origin must come from organic farms.
3.000 German businesses produce more than 50.000 products which carry the organic label Canada There are more than 1500 different types of sausage in Germany.
Most sausages still made by German sausage butchers with natural casings derived from pork, sheep or lamb intestine.
Among the most popular and most common are the Bratwurst, the Wiener and Blutwurst. Sausages German Food
Pricing strategies, competition, import /export
New trends: Organic and Discount
Comparison with France, Slovenia, Mexico and Canada
Practical information for foreign students Overview Bread is a significant part of German cuisine.
About 600 main types of breads and 1,200 different types of pastries produced.
Bread is served usually for breakfast and in the evening
Abendbrot - Brotzeit Bread Mustard is a very common accompaniment to sausages and can vary in strength, the most common version being Mittelscharf Sausages
Bread What we have noticed Food in Germany varies from region to region.
The southern regions of Germany share many dishes.
Nowadays, many significant regional dishes have become national, but have multiplied in very different variations across the entire country. German Cuisine Boiled (in salt water, Salzkartoffeln),
Pan-roasted potatoes (Bratkartoffeln)
Pommes frites Potatos -Grocery once a week
-More fish meal
-24 hours grocery - around 400.000 visitors
- 1.600 exhibitors -> 3.000 exhibitors Slovenia
- Smaller breakfast
- Lunch is the main meal
- Tables in restaurants are not shared Mexico France Spicy food
Meat in regular diet
Meal times and portions
Tacos and fried food More small specialized shops. Breakfast and Lunch time are important
Lots of rules, labels
Food everywhere in big cities Market research Sensitivity to price which led to introduction of discounters (1980)
2 pricing strategies: ELDP and HiLo
Heavy competition between retailers
Biggest market for food in the European union Tips for students Discount stores (Lidl, Aldi, Netto…) Cheap and typical food Pubs serve reasonably priced food Snacks in restaurants Spinach with potatoes and eggs Leberkäse with Ketchup or typical sweet mustard Spätzle witch cheese and onions Thank you for your attention
And have a good meal this lunchtime