Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Waves
Do it now
Q1.Waves may be longitudinal or transverse.
(a) Describe the differences between longitudinal waves and transverse waves.(3)
(b) Radio waves are electromagnetic waves.
Describe how radio waves are different from sound waves.(4)
(Total 7 marks)
Time the time for 20 complete cycles
divide by 20 to get the time for one cycle
Use this to calculate the frequency
Period and frequency
Period is the time for one complete wave (s)
Frequency is the number of complete waves per second (Hz)
How did the length of the string affect frequency?
How would this affect wave length?
Why did we time 20 swings not 1 swing?