Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Self- compassion vs. Self Esteem
Transcript of Self- compassion vs. Self Esteem
Why not Self-esteem?
Self-Esteem is your opinion of yourself. High self-esteem is the good opinion of yourself.
Low self-esteem is the bad opinion of yourself.
NIST Learning Community Seminars
Everyday influences your child faces as a teen.
Find a + role model
Praise & Compliments
Comparing yourself to others
Putting yourself down
Abuse of ___
Care about yourself before you can really care about other people.
provides the same benefits as high self-esteem without its drawbacks
protection against harsh
Willing to try new things
Ways to build and destroy self-compassion
Feeding the need
is like a sugar high!
What research shows
1. Self enhance
2. need to feel better than others
3. Downward social comparision
Do you criticize yourself?
.........What words come out of your mouth?
The Role of Parents
Any Significant Person
Start with ourselves