Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Zebulon Pike
He needed a small army and an idea of where the Spanish were, and so was in cahoots with James Wilkinson (Wilkinson was not only the governor of the Louisiana Purchase, but the commander of the U.S. army, and therefore the guy who sent Pike on his expedition). Thus explains the idea behind Pike and the Burr conspiracy. In fact, multiple townships and landforms have been named after Zebulon Pike including Pike Township in Georgia. FIGHTING THE WAR
Soon after his expedition, Zebulon Pike was promoted all the way to General, and with the War of 1812 brewing, the Americans needed it. Pike fought bravely in this war, but ended up getting pummeled in the back with a rock that was sent up from an exploding grenade. He died the next day, but will be remembered for years to come. Zebulon Pike was born on January 5, 1779, in New Jersey. When he was 20, he was recruited as a Lieutenant in his father's fleet. In 1805, the commander of the U.S. army-- Gen. James Wilkinson-- sent Pike on an expedition to explore the Louisiana purchase. Dotted red is Pike's path on his exploration along the Arkansas River, and his path into the Spanish Territory. The End INFORMATION ON PIKE’S PEAK
1. http://www.zebulonpike.net/ zebulonpike.net R & T Properties 2006 10/14/12
INFORMATION ON HIS EXPEDITION
2.http://morrisoncountyhistory.org/history/?page_id=311 morrisoncountyhistory.org Mary Warner 2004 10/14/12
INFORMATION ON ZEBULON PIKE
3. http://www.lanepl.org/blount/jbcols/documents/94C47CF9959B9CC201E9D6CDF93ECC84F3C0CD3B.html lanepl.org May 5, 2004 Jim Blount 10/14/12
PICTURE OF LOUISIANA PURCHASE
4. http://images.google.com/imgres?q=louisiana+purchase&num=10&hl=en&biw=1311&bih=588&tbm=isch&tbnid=ASmDTwG_1rFUaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gatewayno.com/history/LaPurchase.html&docid=m6ASTcTxC5pHhM&imgurl=http://www.gatewayno.com/history/images/la-purchase-large.jpg&w=1204&h=784&ei=YUV7UIaVLYKa9QSjrIHIAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=107&vpy=215&dur=235&hovh=181&hovw=278&tx=118&ty=45&sig=112368330543448303685&page=1&tbnh=140&tbnw=215&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:74 images.google.com 10/14/12
PICTURE OF ZEBULON PIKE
5.http://www.google.com/imgres?q=zebulon+pike&num=10&hl=en&biw=1311&bih=588&tbm=isch&tbnid=MHPAT8N6PpEM1M:&imgrefurl=http://www.savagesandscoundrels.org/events-landmarks/1806-zebulon-pike-sets-out-for-the-rocky-mountains/&docid=MU-yiL95w5j-JM&imgurl=http://www.savagesandscoundrels.org/media/2323/ZebulonPike.jpg&w=318&h=472&ei=dU57ULC0B5OE8ATv8IGoDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=89&vpy=60&dur=1954&hovh=274&hovw=184&tx=82&ty=122&sig=112368330543448303685&page=1&tbnh=131&tbnw=86&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:137 google.com 10/14/12
6.http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h496.html u-s-history.com 10/14/12
PICTURE OF AARON BURR
7.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rAJe_CypsZs/TK_5agIaLxI/AAAAAAAAAxw/Q-Tn_kXv2fs/s320/Aaron_Burr-2.jpg blogspot.com 10/14/12
8. youtube.com leodicaprio212 April 8, 2012 10/14/12 WORK CITED (1) (2) (2) (3) (3) (4) (5) Note: There is no official website for the youtube video because of impossible and ridiculus technical difficulties that I have tried to overcome but have no further understandment of. (6) (7) (8) by Sarah Casey