Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Oil in Texas
Transcript of Oil in Texas
The Oil Boom
Spindletop is a salt dome oil field in Beaumont, Texas. On January 10, 1901, a well (know as Lucas Gusher) blew over 150 feet in the air with a rate of 100,000 barrels a day. It took 9 days before the well was brought under control.
~ Melrose, 1966
~ Luling, 1922
~ Panhandle, 1921
~ Yates, 1926
~ Van, 1929
~ Greta, 1928
~ Kelsey, 1938
~ Hawkins, 1940
~ Goose Creek, 1908
~ Ranger, 1917
Oil Fields In Texas
~ Scandrill Inc.
~ Lewis Energy
~ Pacific Drilling
~ Fox Oil Drilling
~ Noble Drilling
*Texas produces 1,087,000 barrels of oil each day.
*In Texas the amount of Crude Oil Producing wells are 150,239.
*The Permian Basin in West Texas contains more than 20 of the Nation's top 100 oil feilds.
Oil Drilling Companines in Texas.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
Oil in Texas
The Oil Boom was a period of dramatic change and economic growth in Texas.
One of the first major gusher in Texas was the Lucas gusher at Spindletop.
Luling Oil Field