Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Models of Memory
Transcript of Models of Memory
Encoding and Storage
Working Memory Model
Controlling system for the other components (slave systems)
Atkinson and Shiffrin (1968)
Baddeley and Hitch (1974)
Attentional control -
- Supervisory attentional level: Making decisions about what to concerntrate on
Automatic level: doing things you don't have to think about
Temporary and passive display store
until the information is needed
Activity: With a partner discribe what you did on new years eve at the same time write what about you Christmas day
Activity: Create your own what are memories or episodes from you
Articulatory control system: holds info
in a verbal form, your inner voice.
Phonological store: holds speech based
material in a phonological form, inner ear
Activity: Draw a detaileed house while repeating a single syllable word aloud.
Activity: Create your own. What are 2 auditory or vocal activities that don't require repitition?
Deals with use of visual and spatial information
from Sensory memory or LTM, your innner eye.
Activity: Draw a detailed house while describing a car in detail
Activity: Create your own. What are 2 visual or spatial activities that don't require repitition?
Not attended to
Lost from sensory memory
Lost from STM (working)
Not rehearsed or encoded