Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Personal Statement
Class of 2018
Why do I need a Personal Insight
Private College Application
What's a Personal Insight
Your personal insight should be exactly that — personal. This is your opportunity to tell colleges about yourself — your hopes, ambitions, life experiences, inspirations. Be open. Be reflective. Find your individual voice and express it honestly.
You will have 8 questions to choose from. You must respond to only 4 of the 8 questions.
Each response is limited to a maximum of 350 words.
All questions are given equal consideration in the application review process.
1. Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced
others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
2. Every person has a creative side, and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving,
original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express your
3. What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and
demonstrated that talent over time?
4. Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunity
or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
5. Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to
overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?
6. Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this
interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.
7. What have you done to make your school or your community a better place?
8. Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believe makes you
stand out as a strong candidate for admissions to
the University of California?