Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the iBEAR Problem Solving Process
Transcript of the iBEAR Problem Solving Process
Problem Solving Method
Why use a method?
Technology = Applied Science
E.g., Black powder is invented and replaces the pickax for mining
Nitroglycerin replaces black powder
Dynamite replaces Nitroglycerin
Identify the "real" problem
Is there more than one?
Are some problems just symptoms?
Divergent thought process
Think multiple solutions
Can be wacky and less focused
Convergent thought process
Narrow your thoughts down to the best solution using questions like how and why
Focused solely one solving the problem
Just do it!
Did the solution work?
Rarely is the best solution found on the first try
If you need make improvements return to step one
Design and build the tallest tower from the supplied materials
No one may be touching it or supporting it