Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Layers of the Earth
Transcript of Layers of the Earth
Based on Composition
The layer of Earth between the crust & core
Has convection currents- video clip
2,900 km thick
We have never been to it!
Made of 3 main elements
Two kinds of crust
Outermost layer of the Earth
Made of 3 main
Layer that goes from the mantle to
the center of the earth
3430 km thick
Made mostly of 2 elements
Dividing up the layers even further...
2200 km thick
1230 km thick
Strong, lower part of the mantle between
& the outer core
Soft layer of the mantle on which tectonic plates move
250 km thick
layer of Earth
- lower part
- upper part
Divided into tectonic plates