Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Charles Brooks - Street Sweeper Truck
Transcript of Charles Brooks - Street Sweeper Truck
It was in Newark that Brooks patented several of his inventions.
Time of invention.
Charles Brooks of Newark, New Jersey invented improvements to street sweeper trucks that he patented on March 17, 1896.
Description of The Street Sweeper Truck
His truck had revolving brushes attached to the front fender.
Uses Of Street Sweeper Truck
the brushes were interchangeable with scrapers that could be used in winter for snow removal.
Descriptions of invention
It had a built-in receptacle on one of the jars to collect the round pieces of waste paper and prevent littering.
When It was invented
In 1893, Charles Brooks patented a paper punch called a ticket punch.
Paper Punch/ticket punch.
Street sweeper truck
Charles brooks was born around 1930.
He moved to Newark NJ in the late 1880s, married a woman named Addie, and remained in the Newark area throughout the 1890s.
Charles B. Brooks, the inventor, seems to have been born in Virginia in March 1865.
Charles Brook's Life
Time Spent on inventions