Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
-AR verb conjugations
Transcript of -AR verb conjugations
Hablamos - we talk
Hablas - You talk
Habla - He/she talk
Hablan - they talk
To conjugate = to change a verb to say who is doing the action.
Infintive = unconjugated/unchanged form of verb.
Stem = part of the infinitive that doesn't change.
Ending = The part of the infinitive that does change.
Parts of a verb
-ar Verb Conjugation
Vosotros - cross off
Drop –ar ending
Add appropriate ending
Yo = I
Nosotros = we
Tú = you
ellos, ellas, = they
ustedes = you all
él = he, ella = she,
usted= you (formal)
Ending that will drop
The SUBJECT of a sentence tells who is doing the action. A person's NAME is often the subject.
Verbs endings in Spanish:
AR, ER, IR
Most verbs end in :
In order to use the verb in another form than the infinitive, you drop the
ending, leaving the
of the verb.
Verb endings tell you WHO is doing the action. We use PRONOUNS to clarify or emphasize who is doing the action.
Using a piece of scratch paper, write down how you would change each word by taking off the -AR and adding the correct ending. Then translate what they mean in English. When you finish, raise your hand and I will check your answers.
On a sheet of scratch paper, put the correct endings on for the following verbs using the chart you filled out.
Example: Yo _estudio__(estudiar) - I study.
2. Yo ______________(usar)
3. Ellos ____________(caminar)
4. Nosotros __________(cocinar)
5. Ella ____________ (escuchar)
6. Yo __________(practicar)
7. Ellas _________ (textear)
8. Él ___________ (trabajar)
You DO NOT need to write anything down in your packet for this slide, it is just a reminder.