Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SFC CLP Talk 5: Christian Ideal: Loving God
Transcript of SFC CLP Talk 5: Christian Ideal: Loving God
TALK NO. 5 – THE CHRISTIAN IDEAL: LOVING GOD
loving God is our highest ideal
feelings or emotions
seat of intelligence & decision
As one face differs from another, so does one human heart from another.
Prov 27: 19
“Love is not merely a sentiment. Sentiments come and go. A sentiment can be a marvelous first spark, but it is
not the fullness of love
. It is characteristic of mature love that it calls into play
all of man’s potentialities
engages the whole man
. But this process is always open-ended; love is never ‘finished’ and complete; throughout life, it changes and matures, and thus remains faithful to itself.”
Pope Benedict XVI
To love God with all our heart means to be totally committed to Him.
How do we put the Lord first and foremost in our life?
1) It requires a decision to obey him.
2) We need to develop a personal relationship with Him
3) We should be with God all the time
1) keep our mind clean and holy
a) Our mind should be free of evil and impure thoughts.
b) Our mind should be free of uncharitable thoughts.
c) We should keep our mind away from suspicion that can lead to estranged relationships.
2) when we use our mind according to God’s truths and not according to the ways of the world.
The way we think and act must reflect the fact that we are not just living for this temporal world but for God’s eternal kingdom.
Our decisions and choices must be guided by God’s words in the Bible.
We should keep our minds free of worries knowing that God will provide and care for us
3. when our mind is preoccupied with things of God.
Our mind and soul should be preoccupied with how we can be holy and not by how we can amass wealth or attain high status in society.
b) Our mind and soul should be preoccupied with how we can please God and not how we can glory in the praises of men or gain wide popularity.
At the time of his death, he was writing his reflections on the subject of penance. He devoted his life reflecting about God, studying about God, and writing about God.
His mind was preoccupied with things of God – loving God with all his mind and soul.
4. We can love God with all our mind and soul by protecting and preserving our mind from unholy influences so that God can use us for his purposes.
5. We can love God with all our mind and soul by using our mind for God’s purpose.
We do not own our time,
we merely manage it.
Having the right attitude towards our treasure, our wealth and material possessions.