Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Analyze vs. Evaluate
Transcript of Analyze vs. Evaluate
To find meaning beneath the obvious meaning
Questions to ask yourself Why did the character say that?
Why did the poet choose that specific word?
Where does the novel take place?
What is the personality of the main character?
Who were the key figures in this text?
Evaluate To judge or determine the significance , worth, or quality of something; usually by careful study; to assess.
In order to evaluate, you must analyze first. Why evaluate? To determine something's worth
To discover the meaning or purpose Questions to ask yourself Who is the author and what are his/her qualifications to write this piece?
What is the significant issue or concern that the author is trying to tell?
Should the author have told the story from a different perspective? Would it have been more effective?
Who is the intended audience?