Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Product placement
Academic Presentation Skills
In one sentence:
Lights, movie, popcorn and your new favorite brand?!
Product placement or embedded marketing is...
...a practice in which manufacturers of goods or providers of a service gain exposure for their products by paying for them to be featured in movies, television, books, news, sport or video games.
...process of communicating the value of a product or service to the customer.
How is it done?
products or locations that are obtained from manufacturers or owners to reduce the cost of production
products deliberately placed into productions in exchange for fees
... is when the
logo of an object
or a brand name is
characters don't draw attention
to the brand
...is when the
mentioned by name
by characters in the show or movie.
Show me the moneeeeey!
Let's watch the clips again...
...try counting how many products are placed?
- worth 360 million dollars per year
- proven to be more cost effective than other advertising
- price: free to 50 million dollars for one film
products used in exchange for help funding advertisements -
loan or donation from the designer/company -
barter system, service deal -
University of Alabama study:
viewers who recognized the product in the store after viewing it were significantly more likely to buy that product than other choices
sometimes on the limit of subliminal marketing (neuro-marketing)
severe restrictions in some countries = prohibition of placement of certain products (e.g. baby milk)