Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Music in Mind
Transcript of Music in Mind
Short term memory
Long term memory
Integrates sensory information Music and Memory Musical stimulation But what happens when we get older? Aging minds Alzheimers Disease Dementia Causes:
Destroyed Neuron connections
Extreme head injuries 7 Stages of Dementia: Treatment......... NONE! ....However prescribed medications include.. Travis J Goffredo
English 4 Period 1 Thank you all for Listening and watching my presentation. I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED!!! Callabrex
Galantamine (Razadyne) All of which reduce the deterioration of Cholinesterase. What can do from here?? Terrible diseases,
our brains are cooked! What about music?? The wonders of musical therapy !SOUND! PET SCANS * Easily accessible
* Revitalizes the Brain
* Recreational music programs
A true miracle... Now what can we do *Buy your grand parents an Ipod shuffle (music is FREE)
*Learn a new instrument yourself ITS NOT TOO LATE!
*Support community music programs for all ages.
*Encourage everyone you want to remember you in 50 years to... "SUN DOWN" Syndrome Play! Listen! Learn! THEN....... ROCK OUT WITH YO GRANDMA!!!! "...[W]e lose sight of how powerful melody and rhythm can be in the realm of medicine, particularly with respect to Alzheimer's patients and their caregivers... nursing homes and hospitals are finding that working with a music therapist can make a big difference..."
- C. Gorman. Time, November 14, 2005