Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Researching for your assignment-pre workshop material
Transcript of Researching for your assignment-pre workshop material
Researching for your assignment
Where to start in your search for quality information:
To make searching even easier the Library has a single search box. It's very similar to common search engines such as Google.
The Library catalogue
Down the left hand side of your results screen you have options to further refine your searching. These include limiting your results to a:
- specific source types (journals, book, e-books, DVD's, etc),
- campus location (Geelong, Melbourne, etc.)
- range of years of publication (useful if you only want current information)
- and more...
Using limiters such as these can reduce the amount of time you spend sifting through the results to find resources for your assignments.
Refining your results
Help with digital literacy:
For more help:
This material will cover:
Deakin University Library catalogue
Library resource guides
Digital Literacy tutorials
To succeed at university, you will need to use quality information sources to support you in writing your assignments.
Enter a title / keyword / subject into the search box and click the 'Search' button.
This will produce a list of books, DVD's, journal titles and journal articles.
There are two ways of searching the Deakin University Library catalogue:
Library resource guides
These websites have been created to highlight key resources specific to each subject area.
- Books and e-books
- Journals and databases
- Images and streaming videos (Multimedia)
- Websites (government, company, industry, etc.)
For a full list of available see:
The Library has developed a series of short interactive tutorials designed to build your digital literacy skills and self assess your learning through quizzes and activities.
Improve your digital literacy
image by pigeonpie on flickr
image by smwright on flickr
2. More options
Click more options and use the options to narrow your search