Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Old Testament: Unit 5 Lesson 1
Transcript of Old Testament: Unit 5 Lesson 1
Dividing the Kingdom
1 Kings 11:29-39
1 Kings 13:1-5
"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
- Malcolm X
Dividing the Kingdom
As a result of ____________ sin, the kingdom of Israel was divided.
Then ten northern tribes became Israel, and the two southern tribes became _______.
Jeroboam became king of the northern kingdom, and Rehoboam retained the southern kingdom.
The northern kingdom was quickly led astray by unfaithful ________ and idol worship.
Throughout the reign of kings, God sent __________ to call his people back to him.
1. What message did Ahijah the prophet have for Jeroboam?
2. Why did Ahijah say that David's line would no longer rule over all of Israel?
3. What did Ahijah promise would happen to Jeroboam if he and his family continued to follow God's ways?
4. Did the promises Ahijah made to Jeroboam come true?
1 Kings 12:22-24
1. What words did Shemaiah speak to Rehoboam?
2. Did Rehoboam listen to this advice? Were the prophet's words true?
1. What did the prophet tell Jeroboam would happen to the false altar that was being built?
2. What happened to Jeroboam when he tried to have the prophet captured?
3. Read 2 Kings 23:15-20. How were the prophet's words fulfilled?
4. Ahijah's final prophecy: Read 1 Kings 14:5-18, and briefly recount the circumstances.
5. What prophecy did Ahijah make concerning Jeroboam's son?
How much power do you believe the media has?
Can media control the minds of our culture? What examples can you think of?