Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pre-Nursing
Writing in other fields mostly depends on the writing conventions (purpose, audience and context). The same can be said about the nursing field but in this field the writing conventions depend on the genre.
is a list of directions used by nurses and other members of the hospital to help improve a patients treatment. eg journal
They are written to prevent errors.
- provides consistency in care. They help map out what needs to be done, when and by whom in specific situation.
- care plans are primarily for the nursing team but it can also be used to promote comprehensive treatment in most fields.
Accuracy / Be Precise
Correct Medical Terminology
No use of first person
Analysis of case studies
Strengthen personal writing skills and prepare for future case studies & professional writing in the nursing field.
Examples of Professional Writing
no personal emotions/opinions
Example: “Patient acting crazy.”
Very Critical Audience
*In order to write anything professional you must come highly recommended.
Nurses are constantly
and writing discharge notes
ORGANIZATION IS KEY
In practice setting
nurses write case studies
A COMPLETE DETAILED RECORD OF A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL
OBJECTIVE AND SUBJECTIVE OBSERVATIONS
TO CHALLENGE THE AUDIENCE AND LEARN FROM THE CASE STUDIES
NURSES OR OTHERS IN MEDICAL FIELD WHO WANT TO BUILD THEIR PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES.
DEFINED AND EXPLAINED TERMS:
MORE OF A GENERAL AUDIENCE
MEDICAL TERMS NOT DEFINED:
IMPLIES THE DIRECTED AUDIENCE ARE THOSE WHO HAVE OBTAINED SOME SORT OF FOUNDATION IN THE MEDICAL FIELD
In Conclusion because Writing in the nursing field depends on the genre they should be presented in a clear, logical, and coherent manner for better understanding of what is being explained for the purpose of helping others by educating them
Writing in Nursing