Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Guerrilla Warfare in Vietnam War
Transcript of Guerrilla Warfare in Vietnam War
Guerrilla Warfare What is guerrilla warfare? Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants including, but not limited to, armed civilians (or "irregulars") using military tactics, such as
ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, the element of surprise, and extraordinary mobility to dominate a larger and less-mobile traditional army, or strike a vulnerable target, and withdraw almost immediately. What type of weapons did they use? Vietcong troops were armed with Chinese versions of the Russian AK-47 submachine gun. They also used a range of effective Soviet and Chinese light and medium machine guns. When did they start using this tactics? In December 1965, Ho Chi Minh and the North Vietnamese leadership ordered a change in a way the war in the South was to be fought. They had to
- Use the battlefield as their weapon
- Focus more in hit and run
- Avoid Large battles unless the odds were clearly in their favor. Ho Chi Minh
Uncle Ho How did they hide from American Spotter planes and bombers? The Vietcong made over 200 miles of tunnels that provided cover from both bombs and spotter planes. How did the Vietnamese defeat the Americans? They used many traps placed both in the jungle and in villages. How did the americans managed to fight this guerrilla tactics? - They created search and destroy missions
- They would bomb Vietnam continuously
- They used chemicals such as agent orange Vietnam war fun facts - Ho Chi Minh wrote a new Vietnamese constitution based on the Us constitution and the Americans said it was unconstitutional so they didn't approve it.
- The Americans dropped more bombs in the Vietnam war than in WWII
- Ho Chi Minh became Vietnams biggest hero and his body is kept in his mausoleum with military protection 24/7
- The vietnamese army wasn't drafted, all the people that fought where volunteers. Thank You By:
Kyoung Ju Kim