Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dwarf Planets
Eris is the furthest dwarf planet from the sun
6,325,635,074 miles away
Makemake's diameter is 1,434 kilometers.
It is also the smallest of the four dwarf planets.
Kuiper Belt Compositions
Diameter and size
Diameter and Size
Eris was thought to be the biggest dwarf planet but is about the same size as Pluto
diameter of 2,400 kilometers
Size and Distance
Makemake's diameter is 1,434 kilometers. Also, it's distance from the Sun is 4.934 billion miles!
The diameter is 1,430 miles.
It is one of the smallest planets in the solar system.
Distance From The Sun
Layers and Atmosphere
Eris has layers of frozen methane
Distance from the sun
Pluto is 5,906.38 million killometers away from the sun.
Composition / Layers and Atmosphere
The composition of Pluto is ices with some rock mixed in.
The atmosphere of Pluto is nitrogen, carbon monoxide, and methane.
The diameter of Ceres is 950 kilometers.
It is one of the biggest dwarf planets
Distance From Sun
Its is 415 million kilometers away from the sun.
Nasa in U.S.A launched New Horizons a space probe in 2006.
It barely has a atmosphere.
It has to be taken into consideration that Ceres only has about 4% of the gravity of Earth.
They sent a probe to ceres from the U.S it will reach ceres in 2015.
The probe is called Dawn
Thin dusty outer crust, water ice layer, rocky inner core.
1. Eris is the largest dwarf planet.
2. Pluto has five moons.
3. Ceres is the only planet in the astroid belt.
4. Makemake's code name used to be Easter Bunny.
5. The Kuiper Belt has trillions of objects.
6. Haumea's harsh region is caused by rotation.
It is made of
There is no future or past exploration of the dwarf planet Makemake.
Haumea has a diameter of 996 km
Distance From Sun and Composition
The Kuiper Belt's distance from the Sun can change but the average is 2.5 to 4.5 billion miles from the Sun. The composition of the Kuiper Belt is ice, dust, and rock mostly.
Distance from the sun
Humea has no Atmosphere